finished my level 3 nice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkfish

Reaction score
hoo rah its done and dusted......thank you all for you help,B-)

still im on a downer as ive now been out of work for 6 months and cannot get a start anywhere....dont even think i can afford anymore courses.... :(

just duuno what to do next............they wont take any one without 2391 or experience and i dont even know if im qualified to 17th edition or i have to do the 2382.......any ideas how to big up my CV?

You have to do the 2382 Mate.

If you already have the 16th ed, then dependent on when you gained it, then it will depend on which 2382 you will have to do.

2382-100 or the 2382-200

just finished the 2330 level 3 year so surely that should be to 17th ed?this is where they don't tell you nowt at college... X(

ta admin.

yours gutted. :(

Defo have to do the 2382-100 then, sorry mate. :(

Hello fellas,

Love the site & can't wait 2 b a sparkie......little Question...

Is the following qualifications worth doing-

C&G 2377 (pat)

C&G 2330-201 ( working effectively & safely in an electro-technical enviroment)

C&G 2330-202 (principles of electro-technology)

C&G 2330-203 (application of health & saftey & electrical principles)

C&G 2330-204 (practical) " " " "

C&G 2382-10 ( 17th )

Full scope Part P theory & practical qualification assessments

Logic cert - domestic periodic inspection cert

Thanks for any feed back

201, 202, 203, 204 are all part of the level 2 qualification...

just because u have finished ur L3 under the 17th you still need to sit the exam until then you are not 17th edition qualified.

this is where it doesnt make senseX(

i was told by my tutor who works for the nic that im now qualified to 17th ed....and dont have to do anything else except maybe part p as part of joining the nic??????he said my next step is 2391!

ah well don't matter cause there ain't no workROTFWL

u gotta laugh...3 years for thisROTFWL

2330 and 2382 are seperate qualifications so worth doing both.

To do dommestic work yourself, you will need part p registration in which case the part p is worth doing (it doesn't register you, but is looked on favourably by the registering bodies). If you going to work for someone else it may not be worth it.

2391 is worth it, but experience helps here as you are talking about testing and inspection not just commisioning your own work (you'll find with experience fault finding becomes easier! and a knowledge of previous regs are required as certain installations were ok when installed but no longer conform)

hoo rah its done and dusted......thank you all for you help,B-)still im on a downer as ive now been out of work for 6 months and cannot get a start anywhere....dont even think i can afford anymore courses.... :(

just duuno what to do next............they wont take any one without 2391 or experience and i dont even know if im qualified to 17th edition or i have to do the 2382.......any ideas how to big up my CV?
If you have completed your 2330 Level 3, then you only need to do the 17th Edition update course if you want the qualification. The 2382-20 off the top of my head.

There is no requirement to hold the 2382, just that a lot of employers think that if you have done it then you are up to date. Also, registration with a lot of the current competent person schemes ask for it.

If you have completed your 2330 Level 3, then you only need to do the 17th Edition update course if you want the qualification. The 2382-20 off the top of my head.There is no requirement to hold the 2382, just that a lot of employers think that if you have done it then you are up to date. Also, registration with a lot of the current competent person schemes ask for it.
is the 2392 worth doing. i'm not in the trade and so the chances of passing 2391 are pretty low.does the 2392 allow you to test and certify other peoples work?

is the 2392 worth doing. i'm not in the trade and so the chances of passing 2391 are pretty low.does the 2392 allow you to test and certify other peoples work?
No

The Godfather

depends... as far as part p is concerned, no, you cannot certify other peoples work under any circumstances. but you could test someone else's work (happens more in commercial/industrial. one person designs, another installs, another tests). but you still dont 'need' 2391 to do this

if your having trouble finding work it might be a good idea to get 17th edition (like it was mentioned in earlier post you should only have to sit the exam which should bring the cost down to between

no hays construction they are based in london but i think they have sites all over uk

Hays Montrose = Hayes.com.

And Yes Mate, They have sites all over the UK. :)

heres the details in case you want to register, the guys I dealt with was barnaby jagger and james de gouvia and they were both pretty helpful:

Hays Construction & Property

T:020 7259 8721 F:020 8525 3462

Email: [email protected]

Ebury Gate, 23 Lower Belgrave Street, London SW1W 0NT