Fire alarm extension

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ac86

Reaction score
Anyone in the newcastle area want a job extending a shop fire alarm? probably 3 detectors, sounder and break glass to install to the existing system

Anyone in the newcastle area want a job extending a shop fire alarm? probably 3 detectors, sounder and break glass to install to the existing system
I will just say Welcome ac86?..... :)

BUT:|

I ain't in Newcastle area..

so cant offer any assistance or help! :(

Welcome AC86It's very nice on here.

I know nothing about fire alarms.

But - I can post a of one :D
well thats my problem solved, i now have a picture of one!

doesnt look like many people know much about fire alarms, ive phoned about 15 local 'fire alarm' companies and none will do anything with it, so im a little stuck. youd get the idea that its a rare thing by some of the phone calls!

Hi there,

I think you will find a lot of companies won't be interested, as they don't know the state of the system and dont want to take on the risk/liability. Combined with the size of the job might not be worth their while?

D.

Hi there,I think you will find a lot of companies won't be interested, as they don't know the state of the system and dont want to take on the risk/liability. Combined with the size of the job might not be worth their while?

D.
the job is fairly small, the basement to be covered is approx 4mtr by 10mtr

only experience with fire alarms i have is installing the wiring, at previous employers we always had someone else in to design and commission the systems.

the only company that sounded interested was the people who installed it, but there based in carlisle. im now just waiting for one of their engineers to call back about it. good point about them not knowing the system, but surely there only responsible for what they add, not the rest of the system