Flexible 100A cable?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if its a perm install then some heat in the cable will enable easier shaping

other wise tri-rated as said . can't remember if it comes pvc/pvc though! ?

if its a perm install then some heat in the cable will enable easier shaping

other wise tri-rated as said . can't remember if it comes pvc/pvc though! ?

Is there anything stopping you from using this cable for normal tails? Or are tails alot cheaper?Cheers
tri rated is not DI and cannot be used as tails (unless in somekind of enclosure)

1 or 2 core H07 could be used though as its the same as flex

Is there anything stopping you from using this cable for normal tails? Or are tails alot cheaper?Cheers
tri rated is not DI and cannot be used as tails (unless in somekind of enclosure)

1 or 2 core H07 could be used though as its the same as flex

I understood this to be in an enclosure, if it is not then as you say tri is out, BTW tails are not di but insulated & sheathed.

Flex as suggesred or tri & flexy conduit, depends on the space.

Its the copper strands that make tails stiff, the diameter of them, tri is fine stranded, like flex

I understood this to be in an enclosure, if it is not then as you say tri is out, BTW tails are not di but insulated & sheathed.

Flex as suggesred or tri & flexy conduit, depends on the space.

Its the copper strands that make tails stiff, the diameter of them, tri is fine stranded, like flex

I understood this to be in an enclosure, if it is not then as you say tri is out, BTW tails are not di but insulated & sheathed.Flex as suggesred or tri & flexy conduit, depends on the space.

not as fine stranded as flex, but still a lot more flexible than singles

I understood this to be in an enclosure, if it is not then as you say tri is out, BTW tails are not di but insulated & sheathed.Flex as suggesred or tri & flexy conduit, depends on the space.

not as fine stranded as flex, but still a lot more flexible than singles

hmm a lockable meter enclosure! is it an enclosure or not is the question

imo it would be acceptable to see single insulated in that environment in so much as ultra short runs and not the tails going to the cu. you would expect that entry to that enclosure will instill to the person entering that obviously there is electrical equipment inside and that extra precaution is a prerequisite and therefore the cables will not be subject to any damage.

tri rated cable has hench thickness isulation too

hmm a lockable meter enclosure! is it an enclosure or not is the question

imo it would be acceptable to see single insulated in that environment in so much as ultra short runs and not the tails going to the cu. you would expect that entry to that enclosure will instill to the person entering that obviously there is electrical equipment inside and that extra precaution is a prerequisite and therefore the cables will not be subject to any damage.

tri rated cable has hench thickness isulation too

Andy,

The reels of Tri I have are easily as fine as flex, I probably use more tri than anything else!

The cheaper tri has thicker strands.

I keep 0.5 to 10mm in various colours on the shelf so to speak.

Andy,

The reels of Tri I have are easily as fine as flex, I probably use more tri than anything else!

The cheaper tri has thicker strands.

I keep 0.5 to 10mm in various colours on the shelf so to speak.

Thanks for the replies.

I went to the local independent wholesalers today and explained what I wanted and the guys said that I had no chance.

Two electricians in the shop said I would be better off using car battery cable or car starter motor cable.

See what I mean, I'm really surprised it's so hard to get.

Thanks for the replies.

I went to the local independent wholesalers today and explained what I wanted and the guys said that I had no chance.

Two electricians in the shop said I would be better off using car battery cable or car starter motor cable.

See what I mean, I'm really surprised it's so hard to get.

Latest posts