Flexible 100A cable?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la poste

Reaction score
Hi.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cable that was capable of carrying 100A but was flexible.

I am going to wire an S type time delayed RCD, the incoming side will be 25mm cable from the meter but the outgoing side of the RCD will feed two boards. Because the boards are all close together in a small space the angles of the cable will be quite tight and difficult to make with 25mm tails cable.

So does anyone have any suggestions for a more user friendly 100A cable?

As I said the cable will be fully enclosed within the consumer units.

Thanks.

Hi.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a cable that was capable of carrying 100A but was flexible.

I am going to wire an S type time delayed RCD, the incoming side will be 25mm cable from the meter but the outgoing side of the RCD will feed two boards. Because the boards are all close together in a small space the angles of the cable will be quite tight and difficult to make with 25mm tails cable.

So does anyone have any suggestions for a more user friendly 100A cable?

As I said the cable will be fully enclosed within the consumer units.

Thanks.

Wouldn't the conductors from a split-load leads kit be suitable if it is all contained within the CU?
Those kits are perfect but they are just not long enough.

Thanks for the replies.

I would have thought this quite a common problem.

It seems strange that I am having such trouble finding the solution.

Wouldn't the conductors from a split-load leads kit be suitable if it is all contained within the CU?
Those kits are perfect but they are just not long enough.

Thanks for the replies.

I would have thought this quite a common problem.

It seems strange that I am having such trouble finding the solution.

Don't know it it'll help, but if you remove the outer sheath from tails it's much easier to manipulate and as it's inside an enclosure it'll be ok!

Otherwise I recon a wholesaler should be able to get you something.

Don't know it it'll help, but if you remove the outer sheath from tails it's much easier to manipulate and as it's inside an enclosure it'll be ok!

Otherwise I recon a wholesaler should be able to get you something.

Just use tri-rated as above any "decent" wholesaler will probably do this by the m in 25

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

It's what they use for inside CU's the N link if flexy

Just use tri-rated as above any "decent" wholesaler will probably do this by the m in 25

---------- AUTO MERGE Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 ----------

It's what they use for inside CU's the N link if flexy

Latest posts