Flourescent strip lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_J

Reaction score
morning chaps

had to replace a 5ft twin 58W fitting in a school kitchen yesterday. TBH commercial aspect is new to me :( anyways, took old fitting down due to faulty ballast. Old fitting had a 4A inline fuse fitted on line conductor, new fitting has nothing so you just wire straight into fitting using push connectors.

Is this something i need to worry about or should one defo be fitted. Circuit is protected by a C10 Square D MCB

cheers

Did the old fitting have an emergency lighting pack fitted? Should be ok for the lighting on a 10amp, I am sure someone will be able to answer properly for you soon.

I think it just depends on the manufacrurer some put them in some don't.

I would not worry about it.

I recently put about 64 in an office in Datchet they had them and the emergencys had two.

3 months later 90% of the holders have melted but it is manufacturing fault because it is the other side of carrier and the standard fitting were Dextra ones

Handy if fuse is fitted because if ballast fails it doesn't take all lights out but really not the end of the world if replacement does not have fuse.