getting fluke calibrated

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most electrical outlets will have people who do calibration.

You could contact a calibration company in your area and do it direct with them.

Normally you just leave your tester with the electrical outlet you use, they send it off for calibration and you collect it a few days later.

Check with your supplier for details.

hmmm guess ill have to see the numptys at my local ceff then:(

Best plan is to take it in when they have a calibration day that way its done once a year and done on the same day. My wholesaler has one my trouble is I usually forget its on. This year luckily I called in on the day they where having it I had my meter on the van and got my wife to bring my PAT out so got them both done.

Batty

usually 3 days .. i have used edmunsuns/cef and mitchells in the past ..

post ur location dan and maybe someone has a merchant the reccomend

I use on-site, the guy popped in on a Thursday morning and it was done it about 40 minutes. I think it was only about 60 quid too.

Not happy with them GF - He was supposed to have sponsored us - But suddenly cut contact and not a ****y bird from him since! ignored my E-mails.

I should pull all posts with a link to him in it!

I hate Ignorance - There no excuse for it!!!

X( .

I use " The Instrument Centre" based in Newport, they collect from all over the country & turnaround is usally 3-4 days, they return it to you whyen done.

Costs around

hmm just gave them a ring,gave him my details and he told me he would ring in a week or so when hes in the area. seems fair enough.

I use on-site, the guy popped in on a Thursday morning and it was done it about 40 minutes. I think it was only about 60 quid too.
Wow, pound a minute and no special skills required. It's another red tape racket to add to PASMA, IPAF, CSCS and all the other enforced tat that comes with an expensive expiry date. Sometimes I wonder how many people are actually riding on my back.

(Grumble, grumble.) ;)

right then.this onsite guy you use wants me to send it to him via special delivery to lincoln! im a very suspisius person as a rule how the heck do i know im gonna see my tester again?

Don't forget to pay the extra and have the extended insurance.

Because if it goes walkies, the standard insurance from RM will not cover you to buy a second hand one - let alone a new one.

Tell onsite you are from the talk.electricianforum.co.uk forum and that the forum administrator has been trying to contact him. X(

;)