Grass him up or not?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mate are a Diplomat in the making :D

Fair play to the builder,, phoning you up to get the issue resolved.

Leave him your details,,,you will have a mate for life :^O :^O:x:x

I forgot to give you the latest installment on Friday.

As agreed I went across to get the lounge lights working & was met at the door by the builder.

With a cheery smile I pass plesantries & am plesantly surprised to get a reply & a

"want a brew before you start"

Had to think about this one I wasnt wanting a spiked brew if you get my drift ;) , but seen as I was starting work in the kitchen I thought I chance it as I could keep a watchful eye :^O

Anyway the builder was very appologetic but admitted he was a tad miffed at the letter before we spoke on the phone, but did see my point of view.

So I went on to lift the landing floor find the loop to lounge lights, cut the loop run a new feed from cu via a rcd fused spur to the cut loop, used crimps enclosed in a ashley joint box to join conductors.

Tested issued MWC all done a dusted, homeowner arrives home & starts to chat with the builder & it turns out they are well pally to the point that it come out in conversation that the builder is a family friend & the problems will be sorted & nothing will be said to authorities, I mentioned the need for part P notification but bothgave a blank stare & the builder changes the subject & pipes up.

"I've connected all the earths at the lights & the switches now , so can this be added to your certificate"

Err no, but I'll just test continuity for you....................oh dear no continuity Applaud Smiley

"how do I sort that out now"

Find out where you've not connected to the cpc & my money is on that it will be the JB thats buried in the ceiling directly under the tiled bathroom floor......... right I'm off home for tea see ya, who wants the invoice?

Builder takes it & reads it follows me outside, I load the van while undertaking small talk with the builder then it's the old .....that more than I was expecting routine...or so I thought.

"thats more than I thought it would be is cash ok & thanks for all your help & advice. I'll be calling you to do any other electrical work I have, thanks again for the letter having read it I can see it was a constructive criticism of my electrical work"

Gave me an extra tenner aswell, I wont hold my breath waiting for a call do do work for him though.

Well, what do you think about that then? turned out nice. :)

With regards to "His other jobs are coming your way".

You may be pleasantly suprised. :D

Funkin` lump mate.

I think that tenner should go to the Don, for softening the guy up before you got to him.

Course he was nice to you - everytime he looked at you, he was actually seeing the "nag`s head". - NOT the pub, the one that was on his pillow! :) :)

Latest posts