growatt system battery charging

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris2022

Reaction score
I have recently had a Growatt SPH system fitted with batteries 6.3kw. Very pleased and works well.

I am also on an Octopus tariff that gives me cheaper electricity between 00:30 and 04:30

My question is:

Am I able to set the system to charge the batteries between 00:30 and04:30 from the mains and then revert back to solar charging for the rest of the day. If this is possible, is it easy to do within the settings, and how?

Chris

I have recently had a Growatt SPH system fitted with batteries 6.3kw. Very pleased and works well.

I am also on an Octopus tariff that gives me cheaper electricity between 00:30 and 04:30

My question is:

Am I able to set the system to charge the batteries between 00:30 and04:30 from the mains and then revert back to solar charging for the rest of the day. If this is possible, is it easy to do within the settings, and how?

Chris
Dead easy.

Into the shine app, down to settings

settings.PNG
tick the box to say youve read the dire warnings.

You will get a screen like this:-

t11.PNG

Set AC charge to ON
Set the rate to 100% if your supply is OK
Set the Charge stop to 100% or 90% to preserve battery life
Put in the times of your Octopus GO (Mine is 00:30 to 04:30) - NOTE some of the digits are outside the windows.
Set the tab at the side of the schedule to ON
Save the settings, the 'key' (password) that it wants is the date in US format YYYYMMDD today is 20220924 it should confirm saved and thats it.

Last edited:
I have a couple of questions for John, just to jump in.
  1. Do you know how to set up the solar revenue tab properly, be nice to watch my pennies add up! I I go into ENERGY -PLANT MANAGEMENT - in OPERATING TOOLS click MODIFY icon - brings up EDIT PLANT screen- at the bottom of page SET REVENUE FORMULAR. I put my electricity price in and standing rate, i don't have off peak or peak rate to enter, but i am getting some optimistic figures and not sure what it's really asking for.
  2. SETTINGS screen, to make changes it asks for enter key, it's not my app passcode, so no idea what i could be. Is there a factory set code i don't know about.
Your knowledge does us all a good turn, and as the saying goes, no good turn goes unpunished,

I have a couple of questions for John, just to jump in.
  1. Do you know how to set up the solar revenue tab properly, be nice to watch my pennies add up! I I go into ENERGY -PLANT MANAGEMENT - in OPERATING TOOLS click MODIFY icon - brings up EDIT PLANT screen- at the bottom of page SET REVENUE FORMULAR. I put my electricity price in and standing rate, i don't have off peak or peak rate to enter, but i am getting some optimistic figures and not sure what it's really asking for.
  2. SETTINGS screen, to make changes it asks for enter key, it's not my app passcode, so no idea what i could be. Is there a factory set code i don't know about.
Your knowledge does us all a good turn, and as the saying goes, no good turn goes unpunished,

Forget number 2, just re read what you already wrote above, question 1 still stands.

Thanks for having a look.

Selling price was the only part i had not filled in.
I thought that was where you put your export price.

Now working and looks about right.

Well done again!

Thanks for having a look.

Selling price was the only part i had not filled in.
I thought that was where you put your export price.

Now working and looks about right.

Well done again!
I aim to please, rarely manage it but always my aim LOL.

Locked to prevent hi-jacking (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts