GS38 Approved Voltage Tester - Martindale PD690 Proving Unit & Voltage Tester

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
Hello Chaps,

Just been looking at the prices of these on the net and a well known internet auction site.

The prices are extortionate. Around

my 'voltage indicator' is in a cupboard in the garage somewhere... never gets used

just use a plug in socket tester or T140 for eveything. much more functionality than a voltage indicator

I have the Fluke 1652 and a Fluke Voltage tester.

It's the fluke voltage tester that I currently use. That is nearing the it's end of life, I believe. :(

Thanks Green, I have that one in my favourites, but it is used. :|

Owen Brothers Metering in Oldham sell Campbell York lamp and proving unit ..the basic lamp is

Hi All, I got a megger TPT220 Really pleased with it. It has a LCD display for the voltage, plus the entire display flashes red and it beeps at the same time. It has a phase rotation tester built in, if you use it in a dark location the display has a backlight that AUTOMATICALLY comes on [there is a built in light sensor] plus there is a built in torch that you can switch on and off to obviously light up where you are sticking it if it is dark. Plus, the best feature of all, it DOES NOT trip rcd's. So, when you use it to quickly test polarity of a live circuit, say at at the end of a submain or at a DB you are working on, just to "make sure" [as i always do] as part of isolating and then "checking dead" it will not trip any upstream rcd's mid test.. Unless of course you actually want it to, so you can see if an rcd is at least functioning, when all you have to do is press a button on it and it will switch in a 30mA load, and off goes the rcd!!!

Really really pleased with it,

Yes, but as i understand it means holding it L/N for five seconds and then L/E if you want, at least that is what it says in the fluke manual. [it must charge a capacitor or something] With the megger you can stuff it in any hole you like [you know what i mean!!!] and nothing trips.

I did REALLY like the feel of the Fluke mind. I have a fluke phase rotation meter, and that is BRILLIANT..

john..

the DI-log 6790 I got from Megger Mark doesnt trip RCDs either, well none I have come across anyway, and usually my first test is across line to a metallic object, then to earth, then to neutral,