height of CU

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Doug welcome to the forum. I would just get a waterproof box and use pushfit connectors like wagos a lot quicker and more reliable than them din rail things. My only experience was a garage unit with one in which was carp as the cables kept coming loose.

Batty

Just thinking aloud here, would you ever connect the neutral or CPC wires together in groups the way they are in a CU? Or is it better to use the terminals for one wire in and one wire out. This way, each radial would have 3 terminals and each ring 6 terminal blocks. For extending all the circuits to a CU, this would make a long rail of terminals. I suppose it wouldn't matter for the CPCs, but probably best not to group the neutrals together.
keep the cables seperate, or you will have big problems when it comes to fault finding

Hello Doug welcome to the forum. I would just get a waterproof box and use pushfit connectors like wagos a lot quicker and more reliable than them din rail things. My only experience was a garage unit with one in which was carp as the cables kept coming loose.Batty
That's probably as easy a way as any. I just thought that the terminal rail may be a neater method than a jumble of connections.

keep the cables separate, or you will have big problems when it comes to fault finding
Yes, when separating the cables for testing, it must be easier to have only one unit to open up than two units.

We have used Adaptable boxes with din rail & klippons in them for Joint boxes in industrial applications, you can make them look neat easily, numbering up the cores & leaving a key in the lid helps for future fault finding. I've used Edmundsons, WF wades, Neweys & RS - They have always had them in stock whenever i've asked for them.

We use adaptable boxes or cu header boxes with or without din rail.

I personally prefer the wago connectors, these can be din rail mounted but not really required.Because they are push fit there is no requirment under the regs for access, which makes life for an installer much easier.

hi avin was wondering did you ever use the din rails in the above forum and if so how did you find it and did you use one for every cable or eg. 10 twin earth cable = 30 blocks or can you get one block to house live neutral and earth