Help needed finding the right (capillary) cylinder thermostat

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I need a second cylinder thermostat for a job I'm working on.

It's the kind with a capillary tube that feeds into a thermostat pocket on the tank.

But, here's the problem.

The 'stat that came with the tank is that sort, but the main thermostat pocket has a flange on it's end, and the body of the stat clamps onto that flange.

But on this cylinder, the secondary stat pocket does NOT have a flange. It's just a bit of (approx) 10mm copper tube.

So if I had an identical stat, it's body would just hang off the capillary tube and it wouldn't last long.

So I either need a stat where the body has a clamp that will clamp down onto a bit of 10mm copper pipe, OR I need a stat where the capillary is quite long, and the thermostat body can be screwed to the wall about 30cm away.

Any ideas?

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:09 ----------

Something like this one would do Capillary Thermostat BANICO TCS-1 zero to 90degC 19410 | eBay

But my customer really wants to buy it from a "proper" shop so he has a VAT receipt.

Dave, Ive fitted some that simply clamp to a "pipe" sticking out, not sure just what make (or size pipe clamp) but I think I will be able to check tomorrow,

I dont think they are that rare a beast .

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 19:43 ---------- Previous post was made at 19:42 ----------

AH, got it, they were the sort you find on an oil burner,

They are also used for something else commonly as well,

Though that still escapes me for the time.

Thanks Bacon, the first of those looks just what I need.

Ovram, the "problem" is the thermostat pocket does not have a flange on the end so the normal ones that need a flange to clamp to won't work. That one has mounting holes so I can screw the body of the thermostat to the wall next to the cylinder, and just the sensor bulb on the end of the capillary goes into the pocket.