Help please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Rustin 

thank you,,,,, I'm English so always say thank you 

regards

kevin

Hi Rapparee

thank you,,,,much appreciated

regards

kevin

Multifunction tester for domestic use,  take your pick from Fluke 1662, Megger MFT1711 or Kewtech KT64 Pro kit. 

These are all good testers and cover the needs for domestic testing, or light commercial for that matter.

As always we would be happy to quote our forum mates.

See http://isswww.co.uk/17th-edition-and-part-p/17th-edition-testers but call or PM me for price.

Thanks Mark,,,, I'm trying to sort out a short test and inspection course locally, then I'm good to go

regards 

kevin 

I've got both Metrel and DiLog testers and to be honest they're both fine. I think of the Metrel a bit like the old Skoda cars from years ago. Not a lot of people rated them, but, those who tried them were pleasantly surprised. Good luck finding work, there's loads at it on the domestic side but if you do a decent job at a fair price you'll be fine. Just learn to say "no", I, do industrial and domestic and you'll be amazed how many sparks are in the local pub on Friday night. You often give a reasonable quote then get "well Pete from the pub can do it for £100 less than your price", quite often that 100 quid is profit and part materials, to which I reply, "well, let Pete have the work then", there's loads of "Pete's" knocking about and most have no idea what they are doing.