Help using a fluke 1651 instead of a megger

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you in a position to take a pic of it Mate?

And is it the original 1651? not a 1651b etc?

Are you in a position to take a pic of it Mate?And is it the original 1651? not a 1651b etc?
I would hope its the same dial in page 6 of the manual I linked to in #5.

I haven't got my manual to hand, Ian Mate.

I haven't got my manual to hand, Ian Mate.
** Note one's self **

Read replies thoroughly, BEFORE replying.

Sorry Ian, I will have a look now. :_|

Thank you steptoe i will take you up on your very kind offer. So here goes 1st test p.f.c test between live and neutral then live and earth and enter highest reading on schedule. So what do i set my fluke to and which leads do i use ? Note to everyone i am going to be writing all the advice down for future reference not going to do any tests yet. 2nd test ZE disconnect main earth attach croc clip and connect to earth. Place other probe into live test then reconnect earth immediately ! Again what do i set my fluke on and which leads do i use. Next tests continuity of c.p.c's/ring circuit test/r1+r2 all need to be done on low ohms setting (correct me if wrong) leads nulled. Again what do i need to set my fluke on and which leads to use. Next test IR. Test 1 live and earth. Test 2 neutral and earth. Test 3 live and neutral. Make sure no loads/vulnerable equipment connected "THINK" before pressing the button. Again what do i set fluke to and which leads do i use. Next ZS Test. Place probe in live of circuit to be tested and the other probe in the earth ideally taken at the point you recorded your highest r1+r2 reading when continuity testing. Again what do i set my fluke on and which leads do i use. Next RCD Test. I think i have worked this out allready but would still like you to walk me through the settings thanks.
hi everybody i think i have worked it out for myself now any 1 with a fluke care to challenge me what to set it on for any test ?

Maybe i will go and ask on screwfix i thought this was suppose to be the best forum ?