Help!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leighross1987

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was a commercial trainee electrical and instrument technician at Tullis Russell Papermakers until the company entered into administration. I have good experience in industrial electrical systems, control and PLC's, i was around one to two months away from being fully qualified as i was doing an SVQ level 3 in electrical maintenance through EAL and Fife College. I am now on the scrap heap with no formal qualification other than my 17th edition wiring regulations. I am looking for a placement so that i can finish my training, i will take any rate of pay as completing it is far more important than any financial reward. In return i can provide good fault finding skills and experience in heavy engineering and process driven environments. I do also have a background in facilities if this helps also. i have work related references and can provide evidence of my skill level if required. If anyone could help me through this hard time i would be very greatful.

Many Thanks

Leigh

Hi and welcome to the forum.

So sad the situation you are in especially with so little time needed for you to have completed.

Can you not at least continue the college course to completion? Ask at the job centre you might get some funding from them to complete the course.

I don't know anyone that can offer a placement but lets hope someone reading this does.

Hi Dave,

Thank you for the welcome, I can only go as far as completing my log books, i have work observations to do still. the job centre never mentioned such option they seemed to be very narrow minded to my situation and basically told me i had 13 weeks to find the job i want or they will be expecting me to take anything they throw at me and i really dont want all my hard work to be squandered to work in a shop. Thank you for your interest hopefully i can attract some attention on here.

Cheers

Leigh

Latest posts