Hey all, just a bit of advice???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whits

Reaction score
hi, im just going for my NICEIC, ive read about 15 post's and there all on the domestic installer scheme!

could anyone give me any heads up about the approved contractor scheme as im getting nervous although its still 10 weeks away.

i just wanna get right and dont want mess it up!

thanks for the help,

Whits:D

Welcome to the forum Whits. There are plenty on here that are NICEIC Approved Contractor Status.

Welcome to the forum Whits, I think the general opinion from most assessment related posts is, assuming you have reasonable qualifications, practical experience and a bit of common sense, that its never quite as scary as you imagine things are going to be. Good luck with the assessment.

Doc H.

I sure did and found that it was not as bad as what i had thought. Although still waiting on my confirmation letter to come thru!!!!! Thats been 15 days now and counting. Anything you need to know PM me and i'll let you know what happened on mine.

Hello Whits!

sounds like you need a few of these...

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

oh..

welcome to the forum! :^O

Thanks everyone!!!!

does anyone know how small you can go for a minor job????

changing a light sw???? - lol

and is work in my own property ok, (as long as building control is involved)?

are minor works notifiable to the building control?

also i have found out that commercial work is not notifiable by law is this true? - according to a lady at the nic!

cheers

whits!

Thanks everyone!!!!does anyone know how small you can go for a minor job????

also i have found out that commercial work is not notifiable by law is this true? - according to a lady at the nic!

cheers

whits!
changing the fuse in the table lamp plug :^O :^O:^O

Thanks everyone!!!!does anyone know how small you can go for a minor job????

cheers

whits!
Simply put, minor works are extensions or modification to existing circuits and major works are new circuits.

Have a look here: http://elecsa.co.uk/faqs.aspx

and here: http://elecsa.co.uk/downloads/TableofNotifiableWork.pdf

The second one is a table of the kind of work that needs notifying.

Ian.

Commercial work is non notifiable - part P is only a domestic requirement.

Of course you can count work in your own home - why ever not?

has anyone had any trouble getting contracts etc.. because they weren't registered with the nic?

also who are the other governing bodies, i know of niceic, elsca and napit, but who are the others??????

thanks again all!!!!!

has anyone had any trouble getting contracts etc.. because they weren't registered with the nic?also who are the other governing bodies, i know of niceic, elsca and napit, but who are the others??????

thanks again all!!!!!
If you have a copy of Approved Document P, the building regulation electrical safety guidance booklet, that details what work is notifiable or not and it also lists the various Part P scheme approved providers. You can download a copy from somewhere, I assume Apache or someone will be able to post a link up if you haven't already got a copy. I do think you will need a copy of this anyway as part of your assessment?

Doc H.

has anyone had any trouble getting contracts etc.. because they weren't registered with the nic?also who are the other governing bodies, i know of niceic, elsca and napit, but who are the others??????

thanks again all!!!!!
just tell them that there is more to electrics than then NIC. most only say NIC because they dont know any better. those that are still too ignorant to take notice of any others are not normally worth working for

ELECSA do have some re-educators (bit like The Don's Boys maybe?) that will speak to councils etc.. about their NICEIC only views.

thanks again all!!!!!
British Standards are the only other one I know of - Batty is a member

:D

Latest posts