High Zs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you're right Steptoe, but don't we all need to start somewhere? and ask the right people for assistence? perhaps you're not the right person to gicve an answer?

Either way, cheers for your help.

Our 1720 did exactly the same , eventually got tired of double checking everything and sent it back.

Megger have a firmware fix supposedly ;) but enough was enough .

Our old 1552 did this but only with control gear rcd's where as the 1720 did it with a wider range of manufacturers.

Flukes are on the shopping list for the near future :)

Maybe you're right Steptoe, but don't we all need to start somewhere? and ask the right people for assistence? perhaps you're not the right person to gicve an answer?Either way, cheers for your help.
yes, we all have to start somewhere. but this is basic stuff. if you dont know this, what else dont you know?

If its a dual rcd board, and you don't no how to bypass it just swap them over

Bypassing an RCD isn't something I've had to do nor have seen someone do, but thanks for your help.

Bypassing an RCD isn't something I've had to do nor have seen someone do, but thanks for your help.
do you really need a walkthough on how to bypass an RCD?

option 1:

swap it for an isolator

option 2, use 2x bits of wire to bypass it, making sure its switched off

now was that so hard?

Don't take the comments personal. Because there's a lot of walking, taking, bs 7671s in here :) ) and they will help if your nice :)

What do you mean by that?
I've read in other threads how questions people ask can lead to put downs.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:02 ----------

Don't take the comments personal. Because there's a lot of walking, taking, bs 7671s in here :) ) and they will help if your nice :)
Thanks for your advice, I'm new here. :)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was made at 20:04 ----------

[quote name='Andy