HND Electrical-Electronic Engineering

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK guys,

Rarely post in here because I run the risk of getting sucked into large threads.

I don't have the personal time to do this sorry.

I will however post this once and as time goes on hopefully more.

I did my 4 year apprenticeship, incl. C&G in the 80's, then HNC part time, finishing in the 90's, then after that I did a BSc. then my Hons, then an MEng.

Yes it is difficult and BTW I am "back" on the tools as career wise thigns did not go quite to plan.

However, if things go well, due to my understanding of things machinery wise & electrical & mechanical based on my craft background I am managing to command serious rates.

Thus I may end up earning more on the tools than I did as quite a senior engineer in a large blue chip company!

More risk though due to self empoyment.

I have just qualified as an electrician, doing the 2330 C&G course. Im wanting to progress into doing a HND in electrical engineering. I have a placement on a HND course, as i said i would self study. I have been learning quite abit of maths so far. Im just wondering if anyone could help me, and let me know what im expected to have learnt already within maths and science, before i start the course. QUICK replys please. thanks
Not sure if this will help but i was instructed for the HNC that i must be familiar with the first four chaters of this book which you can look through on this site:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Engineering-Mathematics-through-Applications-Kuldeep/dp/0831131705/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1282761822&sr=1-2-fkmr3

This is one of our course textbooks. Know the first two chapters pretty well but be at least familiar with the first four as your course will have a math module - Analytical Methods in my course (referred to as anal methods).