Home Intruder Alarm (end of line biscuit)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike30

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help, I have removed a rear door of my property which was fitted with a reed type electromagnet switch with an internal biscuit. Unfortunately this switch was accidently broken, which isn't a problem as I have no need for it however I have been advised that I should fit a replacement biscuit to the terminals in the key pad module. My problem is that the biscuit has three legs blue - yellow + and white anti tamper how should I fit this at the terminal strip as there is obviously only blue and white terminals. Any help would be appreciated.

regards,

mike..............

sounds to me like you need the services of an alarm engineer as eol alarm systems can be complicated, could you tell us which alarm it is as engineers have acess to manuals and information that end of line public users dont have.

Could you not locate the terminals at the panel and disconnect. Put a solid link in between the two terminals that you disconnect from panel. You may have to twist together the two cables that are on the tamper circuit,so they remain connected in the tamper circuit. Unless you are competent to locate the correct pair within the tamper circuit to disconnect completely and restore the tamper circuit.

The yellow is the tamper +ve. The blue is the alarm -ve. The white is the switch line. You either have to program the zone as not used or connect the biscuit to the cable end or in the panel terminals.

I will have to guess your colour code, so connect the biscuit yellow to the white cable, Then connect the biscuit blue & white to the blue cable. If this does not work reverse the blue & white cables. Its not obvious as you have said as engineeres choose there own colour codes

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was made at 15:59 ----------

If you have got a replacement biscuit it HAS to be the same number. These are active devices, not end of line

Are ID biscuit systems still in production do you know? or did they reach the ....ahem..... end of the line?

I wouldn't dunk one, they're about as expensive as special locations' cookie cutter.

Tiny little chips (ok, I know calling them chips will REALLY confuse some) that are fitted in each sensor so that a single length of cable can have multiple sensors running off it and the biscuit tells the panel which sensor is which.

I never really used them or like the idea of them, but some companies bought the salesmens' persons' spiel and fitted loads of the bloomin things.

its the same as the resistors for a galaxy panel, which i fit loads of :innocent
No they are not. Each biscuit is numbered. There are no zones on an iD panel. You could in theory wire a whole building with a 2 core cable (+ power) and each detector is connected to this. The biscuit tells the panel the detector is there, which it is (zone number) and tamper and contact signals

Last edited by a moderator: