Hot tub diversity???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meady

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if there is any diversity to be applied when working out the calcs for a hot tub?

I'm just wondering if there is any diversity to be applied when working out the calcs for a hot tub?
Not really as it is classified as a water heater in my view

If the hot tub contains a thermostatically controlled water heater (which I assume it does) then OSG table 1B would suggest that no diversity is allowable, so allow for the rated load of heating elements & pump.

No diversity.

When a hot tub is filled it contains about 1.5 to 3 cu metres or more (1500 to 3000 litres) of cold water. The tub will run at full power for 6 to 12 hours (maybe more) to reach normal operating temperature. This will happen each time the tub is cleaned and refilled (should be done every 6 months depending on usage) or has been off for any significant period (more than a couple of days).

Thus, as the circuit has to run at full capacity continuously (>1hr) for regular periods there can be no allowance for diversity.