how much should i be charging for jobs????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just recently started out by myself as a sole trader and what I did was work out how much I wanted to earn as "wages" as a minimum, added to that all my expected costs such as scam, insurance, think I added another

Its very hard times for everyone but things will get better.

I very nearly failed when I first started because I never took into account my costs, even when I was not working.

The insurance etc still costs per day the extra trip to the wholesalers, then my eyes where opened, now everything is very clear.

Because of the slow down some people are tempted to cut prices even lower making it very hard to make any kind of living.

RATES OF PAY

I have three standard rates.. which are detailed on the back of my quotes..

'Hourly'

'Daily' = 7 x hourly rate. (apparent 1 hour discount if work a for full day.)

& 'Weekly' = 4 x weekly rate. (apparent 12 hour discount if work full week)
do many people take that option?

do many people take that option?
Well spotted AndyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

Guiness Drink

it is that strange thing that words go invisible or change their meaning when you start typing more than two paragraphs! :_|

:coat

Well spotted AndyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud SmileyGuiness Drink

it is that strange thing that word go invisible or change their meaning when you start typing more than two paragraphs! :_|

:coat
well, threads on here are OT/not making sense by end of first page.... so why not apply that to replies too

Some very sound advice here as always , I guess my ' mates rates ' will be increasing as well .. plus 4% :^O