I Need Help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellykp1

Reaction score
Hello I am an electrician on this site but know nothing about gaS I woke this morning with my heating off its been on constant all night cause of the cold weather and snow, my heating has not come on cause the pilot light has gone out I re-ignited it and the boiler started up then went out again could anyone help me with this I am not sure if its the wind blowing down the flume.

Thanks

Mel

Have you checked the obvious, gas supply ok, water pressure sufficient within boiler ( the little gauge should read between 1 & 2 bar) ?

Beyond this it may be a thermocouple or gas valve. I'm sure some of the more experienced members will have more to add. Would suggest you try a heating forum or engineer.

If its a combi then possible your condensate pipe has frozen up outside.

Hi its an old baxi solo boiler and seems to be working fine now heating and water are all up to tempurature I'm just hoping its just the wind getting down the flue as the boiler is in my garage and the flue is directly behind it going outside.

Thanks

Mel