Kandor 500w radiator from B&Q

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anne Durrant

Reaction score
My new radiator was installed by a professional electrician and was working when he left. It has not given out any heat overnight and is stone cold - I have tried setting it up again but it is still not working. Any help would be appreciated please.

Looking at the B&Q website there seems to a lot of problems with those radiators judging by the negative reviews that have been posted.
While the reviews may not necessarily be a good indication without a bit more info it is difficult to suggest what you can do if it was working when it was installed

Looking at the B&Q website there seems to a lot of problems with those radiators judging by the negative reviews that have been posted.
While the reviews may not necessarily be a good indication without a bit more info it is difficult to suggest what you can do if it was working when it was installed
think this one sums it up best...
B&Q review said:
Now, let's address the elephant in the room - the programming. I'm not going to sugarcoat it, setting it up was like wrestling with a tricky crossword puzzle. I found myself scratching my head more than once, trying to navigate through the programming sequence. It could just be that I'm not as sharp as I used to be with this tech stuff, but it took me a hot minute to get it all figured out. So, be prepared for a bit of a challenge. However, once I finally deciphered the instructions and got it set up, boy was it worth it! This thing is consistent and reliable - my towels have been toasty warm every morning without fail. It's a game-changer, and honestly, it's like having a mini spa day every day. The quality of the product is also impressive. It's sturdy, looks sleek, and adds a nice touch to my bathroom decor. Plus, it's super quiet - you wouldn't even know it's there until you touch that warm towel. So, even though it took me a bit to figure out the programming, I have to say it's a solid investment. I'm docking a star for the setup process, but otherwise, I'm loving the Kandor Electric Towel Warmer. If you're patient enough with the initial setup, this thing is sure to bring a warm smile to your face, one towel at a time!

My new radiator was installed by a professional electrician and was working when he left. It has not given out any heat overnight and is stone cold - I have tried setting it up again but it is still not working. Any help would be appreciated please.

Not familiar with this radiator.. But, the supply connections must be correct if you are getting some lights, LED's or Display indicating that the power is on

Who chose the B&Q radiator? You or the electrician?

If the electrician chose it for you.. get them back..
If not you need to check the user guide paperwork for any troubleshooting or customer support contact details...

Unfortunately far too many electrical heating appliances do seem to have stupid, complex, non-intuitive set-up/programming/user controls.... All in the name of energy-saving & efficiency... so you don't leave it on for longer than someone thinks is appropriate!!!

Seems to be the same as the Kingfisher-Ddd500wt151.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1826335/Kingfisher-Ddd500wt151da.html?page=9#manual
To test if it's working, using the Menu and OK buttons, go to the 7th mode , which is ECO:

"Constant temperature that can be set between 13°C and 29.5°C."

Leave for a while and then see if the rad gets warm.

Then it's a question of mastering the instructions to get to the settings you would like,