I see the bills starting to gather momentum after Christmas !

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still in my wallet, but someone was on a shoping spree at Next with it...
Had they scanned your card then ?      I have a "Blackout" card in with my card fold that is  .."supposed"  to block any scanning .   

I notice my bank has cranked up security slightly for online banking .   first its  a 10 figure number ...... then your pin  in the order they ask for .......then four letters from your 18 letter password  , that they ask for  .... then they text a 6 figure number to your phone that you type in .  

Had they scanned your card then ?      I have a "Blackout" card in with my card fold that is  .."supposed"  to block any scanning .   

I notice my bank has cranked up security slightly for online banking .   first its  a 10 figure number ...... then your pin  in the order they ask for .......then four letters from your 18 letter password  , that they ask for  .... then they text a 6 figure number to your phone that you type in .  

no idea. doubt its been scanned, its always the same card (business debit card) thats had the issue, never the other cards all sitting next to each other

some of the transactions are above the contactless limit too

Our joint account is with nationwide. If I log into it on my laptop they send me a text too my mobile. If I log into it on our iPad there is no additional security.

Best not lose the iPad

no idea. doubt its been scanned, its always the same card (business debit card) thats had the issue, never the other cards all sitting next to each other

some of the transactions are above the contactless limit too
Just read this thread and it reminded me that I was going to set up the banking app on my iPad.

Did that and found 3 fraudulent transactions done online on Monday, when I was in a meeting with a client!

So my business debit card has been done and is now cancelled.

I think one of the big dangers is  when you use Wi-Fi  ..hence  , as one of Britain's leading experts in computer sciences       :C     the links between my PC -- Hub--Printer  remain hard wired .   

Last edited by a moderator: