Iboost and Myenergi Eddi

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our Earthwise Solic 200 has died AGAIN - not happy with it or the manufacturers costs to repair or timescales so I'm pondering whether to bite the bullet and replace it with either of the above.

Any views ?

Thanks

Well it's not a Zappi Eddi, it a MyEnergi Eddi. I would 110% recommend Eddi, it's a fit and forget item, absolutely reliable and consistent in operation. It's more expensive than some but you only need to buy it one.

thanks, I’m defo interested in reliability over price
You wont be disappointed with EDDI then :)
I have monitored the current it supplies and the resolution, the steps it takes are tiny so it really does have the ability to make very fine adjustments to the load. The APP is an absolute breeze to use and when you get your EV add a ZAPPI charger to the mix, they all work together, priorities et etc all from the app. Brilliant set of devices that all work together.

You wont be disappointed with EDDI then :)
I have monitored the current it supplies and the resolution, the steps it takes are tiny so it really does have the ability to make very fine adjustments to the load. The APP is an absolute breeze to use and when you get your EV add a ZAPPI charger to the mix, they all work together, priorities et etc all from the app. Brilliant set of devices that all work together.

when I get my EV

ha ha ha

I spent a productive 90 minutes this afternoon:

Eddi 1.jpg

Initial impressions is that the Earthwise Solic and the Myenergi Eddi are in completely different leagues

And thats before you consider the APP and the information that provides you .......

Happy days

I spent a productive 90 minutes this afternoon:

View attachment 15848

Initial impressions is that the Earthwise Solic and the Myenergi Eddi are in completely different leagues

And thats before you consider the APP and the information that provides you .......

Happy days
It really is a good system both hardware and software are excellent, I'm sure you will be pleased with your choice.

I think the Iboost and the eddi are fairly similar. One feature I would love to have on my Iboost would be a delay button to pause it for a number of days - turning an Iboost off at the wall is bad for it and taking the batteries out of the sender is a faff. Does the Eddi have this function?

I think the Iboost and the eddi are fairly similar. One feature I would love to have on my Iboost would be a delay button to pause it for a number of days - turning an Iboost off at the wall is bad for it and taking the batteries out of the sender is a faff. Does the Eddi have this function?
Easily done from the APP either the on/off button, or the scheduler.

Eddi doesnt have batteries in the sender either, it powers the HARVI up from the CT's.

eddi2.PNG

As someone mentioned above, They are not in the same league. It is different products.

I have something called Power Diverter since 2016 and a part of replacing, every 2 years, the batteries of the sensor where the CT clamp is, it is has been so far hassle free

1690899140975.png

It has only one purpose which is to use the excess of electricity to heat the water.

It has only one purpose which is to use the excess of electricity to heat the water.
EDDI also has the same purpose but can also control 2 immersion heaters in two tanks and communicate with the other MyEnergo products like ZAPPI EV Charger and LIBBI Battery. It also has a very nice APP to bring it all together and its BRITISH!

Thanks for the pics. They show the eddi can be programmed to heat ('boost') at specific times. So can the Iboost. Can anyone show me a screenshot of the pause function which would stop it heating even if there was excess solar? I want this functionality for when I don't really need more hot water and would prefer to divert energy back to the grid.

By the way, the Iboost can also control 2 immersions.

Latest posts