Iboost and Myenergi Eddi

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the pics. They show the eddi can be programmed to heat ('boost') at specific times. So can the Iboost. Can anyone show me a screenshot of the pause function which would stop it heating even if there was excess solar?
IMG_0014.PNG
The big green button will stop and start the process.

I want this functionality for when I don't really need more hot water and would prefer to divert energy back to the grid.
Surely when your tank is full of hot water the iboost would stop driving it and the excess would be exported?

Very good thanks!
You are right of course, the iboost or eddi can stop heating once the immersion thermostat tells them to stop.

What I want is the ability to tell the device to stop operating when I don't want it to - for example when I am going away for a while. Then, the night before I come back, I can ask it to continue operating again, when there is a sunny day to exploit.

Or, if I use a flexible tarriff such as octopus flux or especially octopus agile, I might want to tell the iboost to stop heating the water and to export the energy when the price I can get for it is higher. This, the iboost will not do, but the eddi will.

Very good thanks!
You are right of course, the iboost or eddi can stop heating once the immersion thermostat tells them to stop.

What I want is the ability to tell the device to stop operating when I don't want it to - for example when I am going away for a while. Then, the night before I come back, I can ask it to continue operating again, when there is a sunny day to exploit.

Or, if I use a flexible tarriff such as octopus flux or especially octopus agile, I might want to tell the iboost to stop heating the water and to export the energy when the price I can get for it is higher. This, the iboost will not do, but the eddi will.
The remote control via the app gives you complete control from anywhere. It’s a great piece of kit.

Do you need the hub to see stuff in the app? Or does that come as standard with the eddi?

Latest posts