IET & technology?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpend

"It Just Is"
Reaction score
Is it me or do the IET struggle with anything computer based? Their forum is riddled with spam constantly lately, yet they say they are updating to prevent it then it happens again? There's so much of it I can't be bothered to sift out the actual posts, shame really. :C  

It’s not just the spam, trying to navigate around the site is a nightmare. I’ve got 40+ ignored users on my list after the B/H weekend.

If you want a bride from Mumbai the IET’s the place to find one.

It is really not that difficult to do it properly. If it is that bad then perhaps they are spending their dollars on the wrong sort of IT company. (5WW i think you call it here).

They are on an Apache server running fusetalk community software under cold fusion. 

I have never come across FuseTalk, other than to say after a quick look it is lots of '$$$$$'s so they must like wasting funds.

There google code on the home page appears to be screwed up as well and hangs without loading, all in all quite a good website that the Indians seem to like for advertising.

It also looks like its MS SQL2005  :facepalm: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like It was a committee decision, a committee of people who have never been near a computer? or perhaps it was Malcom, I hear he has a facetube page.

:C

I would suggest maybe sending them a message to help them along a bit but I fear you will not get a reply and they will continue to look incompetent, which for us is no bad thing.

Screenshot_2016-09-01-13-52-49_zps2sbduxnh.png.6b0ca736233899dc487165565b24efd7.png

:slap

Last edited by a moderator:
If you go in to “dashboard” “ignore user” you can eliminate the most prolific spammers by copy and pasting their name. It’s an absolute ball ache I know, it’s either that or place the IET in quarantine until it’s fixed.