I'm Off To Egypt

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pic is of the 1MW generator control cabinet for one of the genys that the camp runs on when incoming mains is lost.

I have rewired this 1 as  2contactors and 3 timers were U/S also the wiring was all burnt up and insulation was breaking off.

I did try and order some contactors and timers for the other 5 genys but all parts are obsolete and it's a long winded procces to order different parts.

2014-01-09 13.23.07.jpg

2014-01-09 13.23.32.jpg

All right lads hope all is well and the work and weather are to you liking,

Off down Sharm next week for a long weekend Thursday-Sunday with the lads on the beer 4 days all inclusive $85.

Bacon

I'll stick to the

Carlsberg and Pharaohs lager

On another note GAZZA is taking a right pounding tonight be going on for a bout 3hrs now bomb after bomb.

Work going well doing monthly PM's and testing on sub-stations and generators.

We may be getting some new generators we have recommended they purchase 3x3MW caterpillar generators as a the moment we run 4x1MW when we have a power outage.

Bacon

How you all doing.

Hope every think is going well and work is plenty for you all.

Bacon

Hi bacon, more to the point how are things for yourself? I heard that there were 30 or so soldiers killed at a check point by Muslim extremists? Thought that you are not to far away?

It was only about 5 miles away from the camp,

I heard the bomb go off it was last Friday afternoon about 14.30 in the afternoon in total 30 with the bomb then 3 more at checkpoint about an hour later gun and RPG attack.

The Egyptian army are levelling the whole area more or less and they are creating a 500 yard buffer zone between Rafah border at the Gaza Strip and creating a canal some 9 miles long and upto 25 meters deep 50 meters wide.

As for me all is well

Yes a fair bit close to the camp and the general area around it from a group called  (Ansar Beit al-Maqdis) the local Jihadists.