Important Product Recall Notification

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And it must have been ok !

First Remittance advice arrived today from Electrium

BACS payment to my account 30-04-2010.

Was not expecting it that quick only requested 30 Day settlement,

Here in 11 :D

Did my one job today only dodgy one was installed by sparks that wired circuits after I had installed board at least I can send one back.

I've done 4 visits so far, and all had faulty breakers.

Its not too bad of a thing, had a customer ask me to quote for some extra work while I was there.

Ask them what they want?Else MWC as it is the minimum, thus cheapest, "proves" you did the job and some basic tests?

Like for like replacement does not require certification?
I think LIKE FOR LIKE REPLACEMENT dose require Certification but not require Notification. I assume if we don't verify the circuit we can not be sure that the circuit is safe for replacement.

replacement like for like has never required a cert, but there is nothing to stop your writing one

replacing part does not make the installation more dangeous that it already was

No cert required, spoke with Electrium tech direct and confirmed they had been advised by ECA after printing up instructions, so agree NO CERT. REQUIRED.

BACS Payment from Electrium cleared in bank account today :)

Just noticed they have updated the details on website of Brands affected,

Include Steeple, Newelec, Sector, Alto as well as Crabtree (Load star ONLY), Wylex and Volex

www.mcbexchange.co.uk/electrium click on Which Brands? RHS of home page.

Hi

Yes Invoice to Electrium at address on return label, (This is NOT free post so put a stamp on it)

I did find my IBAN number at the bottom of my Bank statement and put on but have no idea of what the swift code is so didn't.

has anyone taken out an MCB yet that has shown signs of heat damage etc? all the ones ive removed look in good condition, with no signs of melting anywhere or anything

NOPE

Only found 4 so far on 13 Visits, all were 16 A but looked ok.

NOPEOnly found 4 so far on 13 Visits, all were 16 A but looked ok.
so far, on 9 visits, i have 11 MCB's now packed up ready to go to wylex, along with invoice. one job had 4 B6 changed, 4 had nothing changed, and others had 1 or 2 changed

Latest posts