In Suspense.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not suspenders Sandra - behave.

Piccies to follow from current commercial contract - 8 x 40M corridors with ELV lighting. Rewire, new DB`s, timer for some lights to be off overnight, E.M. lighting test switches, contactors etc.....#

The Mutts Nutts.

So, we`ve got an existing TPN board, strapped out to SP with a large swa supply (ext. diameter >75mm)!!

Open the cover - sproing! Oodles of cable come out, like a burlesque dancer without a corset. pics en route.

This DB is going to be supplying our new sub boards; but our risk assessment doesn`t allow live working. The board has so much slack in it, that I can`t even SEE the Neut & earth busbars!

So, head contractors says "kill the board". BUT.......

The hotels entire I.T. system (p.c`s, servers, etc; half the fire alarm system, telephones, FOH lighting is all supplied from here.)

Hotel: "You can`t drop that board offline"

ME: "yes, I can ]:)Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink"

Hotel:"When?"

Me:" you tell me......"

This was Monday. Guess who`s still waiting for an answer. I`ve been promised for Monday; but we`ll see.

I`ll have to post pics of the new board. For me, it`s neat. I`m not the best at layout, but it always works, and always gets signed for.

So, tonight I`m having a couple of Guiness DrinkGuiness Drink. Half way through job, and only 3 weeks until I go hot, sunny climateGuiness Drink!!!!!

KMEGuiness Drink

Sounds fun Mate.

Look forward to seeing those pics. :)

ok - here they are:

pic 1:
db1.jpg

close up of top of board. Note the cpc which terminates in free air 1/3 of the way across the top!:

db2.jpg

Even closer detail of the top of the board. I`ve got to remove 4x 1.0mm ccts, and install 2x 6.0mm. ?????

db3.jpg

Full spread shot, showing the connectors extending (!!!) the cables.

db4.jpg

KME

Hopefully, next week, I`ll have the shots of the nice new boards - I`m not the neatest, but it`ll be better than that pile of carp!

It`ll be ok, now that we`ve been given the ok to drop the board off supply - I wasn`t fancying delving about in there energised:eek::eek::eek:

What I DO need to do is find out if they want us to investigate that cpc which isn`t connected - nothing to do with my work per se, but.........

I`m told that, as usual, they`ve just kept adding stuff on - 3 or 4 different companies.

Personally, I`d be ashamed to put my name to something like that. Wonder if the cpcs and neutrals are in order???