Installation Certificate

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiles1

Reaction score
Hi All,

On a Domestic Installation Certificate on the Supply Characteristics section, I have just put a new ring circuit in and on filling in the certificate I have noticed that at the main source coming it is a TNS so that part i s ticked but then I noticed that there is three cartridge fuses together one obviously for the flat I'm working on and two others for different flats, no could someone please tell me what to put down on the certificate i.e 1-phase (2 wire) which the flat is run off or 3-phase (4 wire) which the building is run, also what would put down for the other flats if you was unable to gain access. Many Thanks kiles

From what i understand ,you only worry about the installation you are working

on, which would be 1 phase 2 wires ,and as long as you are not touching the

other flats I would just ignore them.

hope this helps.

Yeah I would agree you are only working on the single flat and the supply to that flat is single phase two wire.

If you were working on the whole installation it would be three phase supply.

Ze should be established as close to source as possible, and I would make a note on the certificate that Ze was recorded with all bonding in place limitation due to inconveniance and distruption to other services.

Then do all the required tests at the db in the flat.