Ip Wireless Security Camera

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

switch10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi im looking for some advice, I have a customer who owns a catering trailer and he's looking for a ip wireless security camera. However the problem is he has no wifi and when closed there will be no power to the trailer. Is there any camera available that could be charged during day and battery when closed and maybe use 3g for ip address signal via a sim card?

I found some on google. (Mostly from China)

But as you said they will need a battery to keep them running. You can g'tee your customer will forget to charge it. Also being as its a catering trailer will it not be 95% metal so making it a faraday cage.  I like a challenge but I still believe that some times you should not do a job because of the problems it will cause, this is one of those jobs.

Yes this is exactly my feeling towards the job, Haven't told customer I would do it yet as seems possibly to much hassle to be honest. Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated

I often have customers who want unrealsitic things on a job. I agree sometimes you have to walk away or force the customer to understand what is actually possible and in their budget.

Also you have to be careful with wiring Batteries to Electrics from china. Usually they have no inbuilt surge protection

switch,

Thanks for letting us know, yes I agree some things are just too, too much hassle!

Mind, my normal answer to jobs like this is, "How deep are your pockets?" ;)

Followed up by...

"I can do it, & make it work, but, what I can not do, is tell you how much it will cost you until the job is done!"