Is it just me????????????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
Went to price a re-wire last week, goes into the house and its absoloutly disgusting, i have worked in some dirty houses before but this tops anything i have ever seen, downstairs dead mice, thousands of dead bluebottle flies all over the carpet, sick on the carpet **** on the carpet you name it-upstairs even worse same as downstairs but more of everything.

Then i tries to open the bathroom door cause there was no handle on and eventually gets in to find a dead cat on the floor, maggots coming out of it.......was absoloute disgusting.

So i gives my price which was knocked down untill it ended up at

:^O Sorry shouldn't laugh, but that's pretty GROSS! Wouldn't do it for that price but if you need the job I personally would have done it.

From my past experience one can be fine and manage not to catch anything even with some dodgy living conditions.

:^O Sorry shouldn't laugh, but that's pretty GROSS! Wouldn't do it for that price but if you need the job I personally would have done it.From my past experience one can be fine and manage not to catch anything even with some dodgy living conditions.
the jobs yours:D:D:D

I'd walk . I know how you feel when work is short, but your health comes first. Some years back now I pulled carpets up that hadn't been vac - ed for ages , caused me to have asthma , thought at one stage that I was going to die, had to carry an inhaler, OK now though. Upside of it was I never touched a cigarette again !!

That price sounds carp too. The owner gets a cutprice job done at your expense and all the s**t cleared out as well . :_| :OX(

Deke

I'd walk . I know how you feel when work is short, but your health comes first. Some years back now I pulled carpets up that hadn't been vac - ed for ages , caused me to have asthma , thought at one stage that I was going to die, had to carry an inhaler, OK now though. Upside of it was I never touched a cigarette again !! That price sounds carp too. The owner gets a cutprice job done at your expense and all the s**t cleared out as well . :_| :OX(

Deke
spot on.

i need to get off the fags :eek:

I had a similar experiance on a council refurb contract, they sent in the fumigators, the woman who lived there hated me for that lol.

I told her I would not enter the property if there was dog **** about, and I would not enter unless the cleansing had been done.

Oh no !!! Bet you always have one when connecting a fuseboard too ! I promise not to bang on about , if you really want to stop then you will . Think of the TV ad with the little girl who wishes her dad would stop smoking.

No pressure ..... just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; \ ; \ :|

Deke

Oh no !!! Bet you always have one when connecting a fuseboard too ! I promise not to bang on about , if you really want to stop then you will . Think of the TV ad with the little girl who wishes her dad would stop smoking. No pressure ..... just a thought !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ; \ ; \ :|

Deke
yep your right ha ha

Getting back to the topic: I'd walk and send in environmental health for buggering me about