Is This A Pme?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoneman

Reaction score
Looked at a job yesterday. The suppliers kit looked recently upgraded.

There is a facility on the suppliers incomer to connect an earth - but, there is no labling to say it is permissible to use as a PME.

I've tried to upload a pic but it's too large.. I've cropped it and it workedaq

Btw, what is the easiest way to upload raw pics from your phone?IMAG1595_1.jpg

You would have to ask the DNO if it is TNCS or not,

And if it is TNCS, they will tell you it's PME whether it is or not.

They claim all their TNCS are PME, which is a blatant lie,  IMHO. 

The black cover allows access to the N terminal and the moulded case of the incomer does have an earth symbol on it together with cable entry points... There's no official PME stickers though.

Zero earth - 1000 ohms Zs.

I should've pulled the fuse really. The old dears have DNO fitting PME & cut out next week.

CU is wooden wylex.

It's been bothering me!  What would you do...?

Is there main equipotential bonding in place? If not, I would consider fitting it asap. I know you are not supposed to use gas pipes (or water) as the earth, but it is better than nothing in my opinion.

Edit; also fit an MET with an earth wire to the consumer unit so it is ready for the DNO, might as well terminate the main bonding at the MET too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. I might be wrong here, but it was my understanding that if the DNO turn up and there is no evidence of suitable earthing and bonding arrangements having being made, they they will simply refuse to "re-energise" the installation. I would be sorting that out first...

john...

Why not at least bang a rod in for now. Then if they say it is PME and you can use their earth, you can swap it over.

Better than leaving it with no earth?

Last edited by a moderator: