Jib Card Renewal Bad Timing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Completed NVQ3 before Xmas but still waiting for the cert to come through. Only got my bloody renewal through for 22nd feb. Asked gaffer if it would be ok to let my 'labourer' card lapse whilst I'm waiting. Need to renew otherwise I might not get on new sites starting in the next few weeks. So then will have to apply again for grade once cert comes through.

Just moaning (and paying twice)

" Are you cards in"   is yet  another Stepptoism ..........yep it threw me too !!  :(      You get used to 'em.

The only JIB cards I paid for were  renewing when becoming  self employed.     Then they added the H&S proviso,  so another £40. 

" Are you cards in"   is yet  another Stepptoism ..........yep it threw me too !!  :(      You get used to 'em.

The only JIB cards I paid for were  renewing when becoming  self employed.     Then they added the H&S proviso,  so another £40. 
NOOOOOOOO,

its a common phrase that, is it not?  :C

Canoeboy said:
If the employer needs the use of your JIB card then they pay - simple - you don't pay - they loose work as you can't get on site as they haven't paid the JIB card for you to get you on sites to achieve you earning money for them.....

My thoughts exactly Canoe.

My old company even paid my trade union subs as it just made life easier on certain sites.
exactly my thoughts on why I posted,

just as my previous employer paid for my 17th exam as they needed me to have it as their NICEIC QS

Latest posts