JIB Pension

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prompted by an earlier post . It would be interesting if Slips and bobbeer would make enquiries about their JIB Pension see if they are acruing money or whether they should transfer them, etc. did they crap out after 9/11 like mine did :_| . Any chance guys ?? Obviously we don't need to know the values.

Deke

I see that my post about JIB Pensions was about as welcome as a phart in spacesuit :( Does anyone ,anywhere know anything whatsoever about JIB Pensions , are they worth anything, how are they performing ?

I see that my post about JIB Pensions was about as welcome as a phart in spacesuit :( Does anyone ,anywhere know anything whatsoever about JIB Pensions , are they worth anything, how are they performing ?
I no nothing.

Batty

at least a phart can warm you up a bit! :^O :p

Perhaps jibspark knows.

Batty

:D

I don't even know what JIB stands for.............
Ah Kema Sabee ; )The majority of apprentices and sparks were registered with The Joint Industry Board for Electrical Contracting (JIB). It was set up in the sixties. They monitored apprentice training / graded operatives as electrician / appvd elect. / technician etc. set the hourly rate in 3 year agreements to help firms quote for work / set up a pension scheme that nobody seems to know about / set travelling times and expenses. Have a look at their website. When you moved between firms your pension would still be with the JIB, your JIB card guaranteed the union rate and proved your skill levels.

I think they have lost power in the work place with the huge increase in self employment among sparks since the mid 1970s, as did the sparks union.