Job from hell!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green-hornet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I have found the ultimate job from hell.

I was called in to do the first fix for a job, I bashed hell out of the ceilings and lay cables for all the lighting I even cut out clear runs for pull through cables and the like. Anyway first fix done, new ceilings and plastering done and guess what? everything was wired and first fixed for florecents and they changed their minds and wanted downlights.

Best part is I had to work alongside the decorator, the floorer and the cabinet installers all at the same time, I think there is now about 17 coats of paint on each wall.

Fellow forum member Lee came over and gave me a hand, I thought at one point he may hit some one, drilling holes in plasterboard will cause dust!

Its one of those jobs where you really want to walk away from but I have invested too much money in the job. I installed dado trunking to the decontamination room and then found out that they are going to install a sink on the wall so I had to cut out the trunking and now have to rewire a socket from another location.

The list of cock ups is endless and this is one job from hell that I would really like to be behind me.

Anyway thanks Lee for your help mate.

Job from hell!

you could have told me that before you asked me to come :slap ;)

Your saying somebody can't organise a p..s up in a brewery. I really feel for you GH you get enough stress in a day without this sort of thing going on. Hope you get well paid for the aggro.

I think I have found the ultimate job from hell.I was called in to do the first fix for a job, I bashed hell out of the ceilings and lay cables for all the lighting I even cut out clear runs for pull through cables and the like. Anyway first fix done, new ceilings and plastering done and guess what? everything was wired and first fixed for florecents and they changed their minds and wanted downlights.

Best part is I had to work alongside the decorator, the floorer and the cabinet installers all at the same time, I think there is now about 17 coats of paint on each wall.

Fellow forum member Lee came over and gave me a hand, I thought at one point he may hit some one, drilling holes in plasterboard will cause dust!

Its one of those jobs where you really want to walk away from but I have invested too much money in the job. I installed dado trunking to the decontamination room and then found out that they are going to install a sink on the wall so I had to cut out the trunking and now have to rewire a socket from another location.

The list of cock ups is endless and this is one job from hell that I would really like to be behind me.

Anyway thanks Lee for your help mate.
Had a job not so long ago where I had done 1st fix and the customer wanted 2nd fix done before the plasterers come on site ??? Luckily I got them to see sense . but what a nightmare of a job you had . Was it a 60min makeover ?? :_|

totally know how you feel dude, luckily I'm a subbie and don't take the financial brunt, but the frustration is just the same. Uninstalling something you just put your heart and sole into. Without teaching you to suck eggs, obviously you are keeping tracks of alterations, deviations and additions (extras) to your 'quoted for' works, and billing at the appropriate and previously agreed rate. good luck with that, and i mean that as a person who is working in the background with a friend looking into becoming 'contractors' and kipping the 'sub' part of it into touch. it's a minefield and my black and white approach is constantly being tempered and educated by my learned friend. all the best.

apologise for the spelling mistakes! should be 'kicking' and soul. who the hell puts a bl**dy fish into their work. lol!!!

Could be worse you could be looking for work ,at least yer occupied rather than looking for job.equal to/:put the kettle on

I feel youre pain mate. Had a job rewiring a kithcen with new under counter lighting sockets and range swtiches for washing machine ect. Arranged with customer to be in the Tuesday as the kitchen fitter would be stripping out the day before. Only problem was he already fitted and leveled the units.

Needles to say everyting had to come down again in order to get my cables in.

Ime glad i wasnt the plasterer that had to come in after us and plaster around everything.