Jobs OFFERED...

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone can help? My Brother has finished his 1st yr apprentice electricain at collage, however due to the down turn the company which employed him had to lay him off due to the lack of work.

He is desperate to continue in this field of work and is looking for a 2nd yr spot. He lives in the glasgow area which is 30 miles from ayr and 45 mins from edinburgh so he is very flexable, and also has his own car and full uk licence.

There is an scheme called "Adopt an Apprentice" where the goverment give companys

you will find he has very little chance of finding a job if someone else is doing all the work for him.

and posting the same thing 3 times isnt going to help much either.

Thanks for the advice Andy!! but he is 17 and become somewhat disgruntled and has lost all hope, however I'm trying to motivate him by showing him if you dont ask you dont get!

Thanks for the input though!

Cheers

Will

Ive had the parents of people phoning me before asking if there are any jobs going. if they cannot ask themselves, they have no chance. and im sure 99% of employers will think the same.

dont know how others feel about it, but if i was looking for someone, they would have a much better chance if they sent a CV/covering letter than a phone call

yellow pages and loads of letters. Thats how I did it when I wanted an apprenticeship, must have sent about 70. Some never replied, some replied saying they already had apprentices etc, and 4 gave me an interview which I got offered 3 jobs from and picked the best reccomended company. That was 6 years ago and times have changed now, but its like anything. You get out what you put in.

Andy,

I see what your saying mate, its just me doing the pain in the arse big brother bit because I'm on holidays for 3 weeks and nothing better to do with my time. sending out the CV/cover letter is one avenue I will get him onto, and thanks for that tip.

Sellers..

Thats what he has been doing for nearly 1 month solid and its almost a brick wall, but I will get him to just send the CV ect to them in the post

Cheers for the info guysGuiness Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.