Kewteck Meter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FozzyTime

Reaction score
I have a mate who is always going on and on about his Kewteck KT65 meter, Comes out with all these facts how no other meter is better than it blah blah blah. Constant testing blah blah blah

Anybody else use a kewteck meter? or has anyone ever heard of them as it seems that all other electricians i know have never heard of Kewteck and always say 'Do you mean Kewtecknic?'

headbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbangheadbang

Personally the Kewtech stuff isn't that bad tbh, I used to have one of the portable appliance testers and I know my hubby streetlighter, uses one of the testers in a daily occurrence, personally I prefer the flukes, as do some people also prefer the Megger testers, but I will admit, the new Kewtech mft does look rather sleek n smart with its ergonomic look, although Iv not had chance to have a go on one yet to say if it is any good.

ive been using one for the last couple of weeks as mines in for repair, not enjoyed using it all to be honest, but has helped me out to finish some jobs, have left some bigger testing jobs until mine comes back as really think with the kewtech it will take a lot longer. a mate of mine bangs on about his but think he only bought it as it was alot cheaper than most. mine is a megger 1552 which i know alot of people dont like but i really like it.

I don't mind Kew gear, the 65 is non too shabby. Lost my R2 adaptor today which annoyed me no end, as useful piece of equipment!

Kewtech meters are manufactured in Japan by Kyoritsu and are closely related to the old (pre Fluke takeover) Robin meters which they also made. When Fluke took over Robin one of the directors left and did a deal with Kyoritsu to re badge the kits, the early ones were the same as Robins but in grey rather than yellow cases.

I've used the continuity/IR testers and the Loop/PSC/RCD testers as well as the all-in-one & find them very user friendly, set the scale & hit the orange button, almost idiot proof!

Latest posts