kitchen - cupboard lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry yes this is a question...

do u think it would be ok to install these or not... i have my answer but just want to see what others think...

Its not a special location so the Regs do not stop you

How high above the sink will the fitting be?

Is it likely to be subject to splashing?

Will it singe your eyebrows when washing up?

Its your call

unless they use a hose to clean kitchen sink, then they will probably be OK. after all, you could probably have a socket closer to the sink than the light will be

Don't think I would put them above a sink likely to get knocked and I don't particularly like halogen kits as they tend to not last long but should give you a bit of future work. Make sure they supply them.

totally agree, burn too hot and destroy lampholders etc. replaced loads with under cupboard flourescents

400mm sounds a bit close, I would expect a flyover above a sink to be at around 1200mm or more above it. I've fitted many lights over the sink, not really much to it, drill holes\screw fittings up. Job done.

400mm sounds a bit close, I would expect a flyover above a sink to be at around 1200mm or more above it. I've fitted many lights over the sink, not really much to it, drill holes\screw fittings up. Job done.
prob a wall unit above the sink

how would they stand at the sink with out bumping their head?
i have a wal unit above my sink, and am fitting some next week were they have a wall unit above a sink.

they want a light under that unit as well. i am still undecided what fitting to use, i posted a thread a while back about it.

the wall units arnt as deep as the work top. so if you want to bump your head you will have to make an effort;)

ELV lighting is notifiable.

I find those halogen type lamps don't last very long.