Kitchen fitters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been to a job today - 2nd fix a kitchen before the granite worktop goes on..

I had been fitting some sockets in the back of a cabinet which is below the gas hob - cutting the backboard and mounting the surface boxes - and then the boiler (which about 1.5m away) kicks in and starts making a really strange noise and we get a smell of gas..

What was found was that an elbow hadn't been soldered which was feeding the hob pipework, the flux had held it together for a short time and I had disturbed the pipework.....

Now who had done this work??

A kitchen fitter,,,,, the company then gets a corgi guy in to sign off the work. In this case as the hob was not yet fitted, he hadn't yet been!!

Both myself and a corgi plumber, who was there doing the bathroom, went mad at the homeowner - but it is very unlikely that he is going to bubble this company. :eek: :O

I am absolutley dismayed at this situation as I feel that I am very lucky to be here tonight due to this fitter doing work that he should not have been doing in the first placeX(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X(X( X(