Lagging or leading ????

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Plate

Reaction score
Hello there,

I'm bit stuck on some of my revision ... I'm okay to work out the answers but bit confused how to find out if it is lagging or leading ..

1. The power factor of the circuit having an impedance of 2 ohms and a resistance of 1.2 ohms would be >>>>

my answer is correct 0.6 but i put lagging instead of leading >> is there any easy way to remember it ?

thank you for your help

lplate

Hello there, I'm bit stuck on some of my revision ... I'm okay to work out the answers but bit confused how to find out if it is lagging or leading ..

1. The power factor of the circuit having an impedance of 2 ohms and a resistance of 1.2 ohms would be >>>>

my answer is correct 0.6 but i put lagging instead of leading >> is there any easy way to remember it ?

thank you for your help

lplate
This might be a stab in the dark, but when I was doing that section, I used the term C.I.V.I.L to remember what is what

C.I.V.I.L= Capacitive - Current leads Voltage

C.I.V.I.L = Inductive - Voltage leads Current

If that does not help, I'll get my coat :^O

This might be a stab in the dark, but when I was doing that section, I used the term C.I.V.I.L to remember what is whatC.I.V.I.L= Capacitive - Current leads Voltage

That memory aid was used a lot when I was at college and it did help us at exam time :)

This might be a stab in the dark, but when I was doing that section, I used the term C.I.V.I.L to remember what is whatC.I.V.I.L= Capacitive - Current leads Voltage

thank you for sharing this ...

have a nice evening

Just done my 203 today & got a distinction.

Got 1 question on capactive reactance & resistance.

Just done my 203 today & got a distinction.Got 1 question on capactive reactance & resistance.
well done mate,

have you done the 305 as well?