loop in /and neutral at switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm lost by all this. Are we keeping a live to the bulb and switching the neutral? What are you doing with those connection blocks? They just loose in the switch back box connecting neutrals?

I'm lost by all this. Are we keeping a live to the bulb and switching the neutral? What are you doing with those connection blocks? They just loose in the switch back box connecting neutrals?
No switching of Neutrals...

:eek:

(on lighting anyway, unless it's DP)

Apache..

Instead of looping at the Pendant/ceiling rose, the loop in loop out is done at the switch, instead of...

Ah so a live and a neutral go from the switch to the light fitting, no other wires carry on from the lamphlder etc, but the live is switched?

Ah so a live and a neutral go from the switch to the light fitting, no other wires carry on from the lamphlder etc, but the live is switched?
ypur getting it commanche.

loop the L & N in and out at the sw,

sometimes can get a little busy at the back box but this is where my personal preference of a spider system comes into play more.

makes it much easier at aftermarket lights and wall fittings etc.

ypur getting it commanche.loop the L & N in and out at the sw,

sometimes can get a little busy at the back box but this is where my personal preference of a spider system comes into play more.

makes it much easier at aftermarket lights and wall fittings etc.
spider system? eight branches from a central body?

Does it really mean you take the loop for a new light from the most convinient swich loop?

Thanks i have never heard that term before which part of the country does it come from:)
I think its fairly standard worldwide for anything thats not standard,

take for instance cars even, ypour insurance company will ask about aftermarket parts, flashy wheels etc, non standard.

in this case not a standard pendant in the middle of the room,

perhaps a 5 lamp fitting, or some wall lights etc....

I think its fairly standard worldwide for anything thats not standard,take for instance cars even, ypour insurance company will ask about aftermarket parts, flashy wheels etc, non standard.

in this case not a standard pendant in the middle of the room,

perhaps a 5 lamp fitting, or some wall lights etc....
never heard it round here stepsBlushing

spider system? eight branches from a central body?Does it really mean you take the loop for a new light from the most convinient swich loop?
a feed to a central point, (junction box of sorts, but not as you might picture it)

then to each switch from here and further to each light from the switch.

keeps the numbers down at each switch.

the J-B by the way is generally a DIN rail mounted affair.

a feed to a central point, (junction box of sorts, but not as you might picture it)then to each switch from here and further to each light from the switch.

Show 'em a pic of one Steps. :x

a feed to a central point, (junction box of sorts, but not as you might picture it)then to each switch from here and further to each light from the switch.

That sounds a lot better than 6 or more cables in the back box.

And the Din mounted affair?

Thanks steps. Does a new addition have to come from this central point or can you have a combination and loop from a switch?