lux meter

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggy

Reaction score
anyone know of a GOOD Lux meter? pleaty out there! its for doing emergency lighting tests. ;)

Hello Biggy, Welcome to the forum.

I noticed you had added duplicate posts in two forums. It is best just to keep one thread going, otherwise it can confuse some of our members, (the late night crew comes to mind). So I have removed the other one, we will keep this in "Testers" I think? Obviously as you noticed some topics could quite easily fit under more than one forum heading, its not too critical where you add your post, (it can be moved later if more appropriate), but it would clog things up if everyone posted duplicates in all of the possible relevant combinations. Thank you.

Back to your point, do you have any particular Lux meters you have been considering?

Also how about going to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about your background?

Doc H.

yesh sorry for the confussion, i couldnt find the post when i posted it so didnt realise it had gone up! well havent really considered anything i was hoping someone had a good one that they could recommend! currently i have a meterman but its rather old and costs about the same to calibrate the thing that it does to buy a new one!

well about me! i work for a mechancial/electrical company in suffolk, i am office based, i deal with design estimating and a bit of contract managing really, not yet qualified but doing my C+G 2330 at the moment just coming up to the end of my second year!

Lux meters are a standard requirement if you are doing regular PIR checks on exsisting intallations, howerver there are inclusions on the requirements that allow for distance and visibility of signs at prescribed distances.

If you design and install many lighting circuits most major manufacturers will allow you to download a program to find all the lux values you will ever need to know and will show you in detail the lighting requirements you will need.

One of these programs that I use is calculux and others