Make your own "Checkbox"

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a frickin chance, pure junk imho as for the comparison between an eggtimer & this "Product" how can Mr Caltronic even say that they are worlds apart?

I have worked for Marconi space & science & Astrium UK, pretty much the same company as they are both at the same site today as they were when they were doing M.O.D. contracts, now they only do satellite work

He may well use SMT...... got news for you Mr Caltronic, I made an SMT checkbox 10 frickin years ago with pretty much the same results as the one described on this forum.

I will however accept your kind offer of a free sample & I will put it through the mill as it were.

I do not believe that your product will give any more accurate results than the design for one that was posted on this forum.

I also would like to see a detailed report as to why his product is deemed more accurate & or more professional than the design that was posted here.

I await your somewhat my dads bigger than your dad response.

As I said before, a kid could make one ffs.

What a sad, sad man & I quote.... I fail to understand how can he compare a simple resistor network to that of the complexities of an timer device for boiling eggs? They are leagues apart!

An egg timer complex?? Or was he just taking the Pi**?

My god some people have their head so far up ther own ass that they cant even see the sh*t because they are too close to the colon.

Even Hercules (Steptoes Horse) would be able to make one of these

I rest my case.............

To all the professionals who requested a sample they'll be in the post Monday.

Thank you I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Resisting the temptation.................................................. < than you are, is that what you are saying?

I have the following under my belt. BEng (with honours) in electronic engineering, BSC honours electronics, Diploma in electronics practice & theory, C&G 2322 & C&G 6958,

As well as a few others that I really cannot be ar$ed to type.

If that means I am not a professional in the field that I operate then I guess that I should just quit huh?

Numpty.

From Mr Caltronics original post........ Twisted connections will vary simply by the tarnish and mechanical stability of the joint.

Ever heard of "Wire wrap terminations" ?

Also where on earth did I ever say that check boxes & digital egg timers were complex?

I understand that you are passionate about your product, but you talk total horse apples. I think that the best thing for me to do after this post is to ignore anything that you may feel would contribute to this forum. As I feel that you talk the talk but in no way whatsoever do you or can you walk the walk.

So I bid you good luck in selling your "Awesome" product to anyone dumb enough to buy it.

I think I will stick with my own, because I know that it was made with quality components & by somebody who not only knows this field but lives & breathes it every single day.

I am done with this sh1t now.

oh ABC - think of it like lasagne. Some people want to buy good quality ingredients and spend time making it from scratch. They know what's in it - good quality ingredients - made with love if you like.

Some people want a microwave lasagne that they can eat 4 minutes after taking it out of the fridge, straight out of the tray.

There's room for both kinds of lasagne in the world - just depends whether you have the skill/inclination/time to make it.

It's all still lasagne at the end of the day

Right - That's the end of that then. Thank God for that. :|

I guess you are right there apache, it just p****s me off when someone questions my ability & then totally misquotes me.

I worked bloody hard to get to where I am today.

That piece of equipment is basic resistor theory & not at all difficult to make even if you have a limited knowledge of electronics.

oh ABC - think of it like lasagne. Some people want to buy good quality ingredients and spend time making it from scratch. They know what's in it - good quality ingredients - made with love if you like. Some people want a microwave lasagne that they can eat 4 minutes after taking it out of the fridge, straight out of the tray.

There's room for both kinds of lasagne in the world - just depends whether you have the skill/inclination/time to make it.

It's all still lasagne at the end of the day
Coooo

thats deep!!!

almost sends me off onto a ...

life is like a box of chocolates..............................

oh no nearly had a Forrest Gump moment there!! :eek:

I understand some samples are going to be posted out..

so over the coming months I think we could expect an actual real-life practical assessment of the product..

which is probably better than just debating I think this You think that!

Some times in life we just have to agree to disagree about some things..

because Both ARE right AND Both ARE wrong.. :) :| :D

Right - That's the end of that then. Thank God for that. :|
I honestly cannot be bothered with it anymore Admin & I do hope that it is the end of it.

If Mr Cal is still willing to provide me with one of his fantastic products, I will road test it to destruction & write a subjective theory of value of it.

Although I doubt that he would after some of the things that he has written on here.

Sod that, beer, fag & bed for me methinks. :)

For our american contributors

( A fag is an english term for a cigarette not a term for a homosexual)

Cup o' Tea & Twix all round me thinks?
Don't you be starting with me Twix's again, Fella. X(

Sod that, beer, fag & bed for me methinks. :)
That is what I am going to have and do now Mate. Goodnight Nige.

I would have thought with that much experience and qualifications, Mr ABC Technical should have a more objective approach to submitting advice to what I believe is a quality forum.

I would have thought with that much experience and qualifications, Mr ABC Technical should have a more objective approach to submitting advice to what I believe is a quality forum.
Stop it! You're only inflaming the situation and making yourself look petty. Let the good chaps and chapesses on here try your device and i'm sure they'll feed back. :^O .

If its as good as you say it is you don't need to denfend it - the proof should be in the pudding. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts