makita angle drill 18V LXT

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L-E_Fault

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a makita angle drill but I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it. As i see it, It's one of those tools which you wouldn't use much, but I've been in situations where it would of been very useful.

Can any owners of said tool post a review.

Cheers Tim

Great tool, got one last year, have used it on 20 or so jobs so far. I also bought some stubby bits, 16,20,22mm and the same in 190mm length. Wouldn't be without it now. With good quality bits this flies through 100mm of joist with minimal effort, no need to drill at angle - makes pulling cable a doddle, saves so much time, knuckles and profanity!!! One point to watch, with the bits fitted with screw point pull back as you break through, this will prevent finger on trigger jamming into joist- happens occasionly and it does hurt - 18V generates plenty of torque!

Let the plumber see it yesterday,.......after watching him struggle....LOL...he is now going to buy one

Top piece of kit. Very useful for tight spaces of all descriptions. I used mine with a cone drill to put a hole in the top plate of a steel framed stud wall last week by accessing through a hole in the ceiling. Simply couldn't have completed this particular job without it.

Drilling through joists with Armeg Wood Beavers is a joy.