MEM Memshield 2 MCCB's

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelvfoozinda

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any interchangeable mccbs for one of these panels? Its 50A single phase and a nail through the swa cct fed by it resulted in a buggerd breaker and scortch mark on the inside of the lid.

I have seen sector ones fitted in these boards not sure who makes them though. memshield 2 are still easily available though probably safest to get the correct thing.

They are the same configuration as Wylex, Hager ect. But do look different. Memshield 2 does not fit the new 3 boards. They are easy to get, your not supposed to mix makes apparently

EDIT GE & Wylex match, Volex & Hager dont, but the Memshield 2 breakers body that protrudes through the lid is slightly higher.

EDIT 2. Wylex, Hager, GE, Volex, Memshield 2 are all the same. You have to compare them clipped to a Din rail, not sitting on a surface like i first did

Last edited by a moderator:
Are these availible for a memshield 2 board ? I though all the Memshield 2 were 10kA MCB, but a may be wrong, off for a zippy google

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:35 ----------

You are asking for MCCBs aren't you? as all these responses seem to be for MCBsI may have some MCCBs in number 3 shed, 50A single pole? I will look in the morrow.............. :coat

I recently sold loads on ebay, sorry
Yep, you are quite correct. I thought the MCCB's were a different range

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:38 ----------

How did a nail get into the cable ?

I have been doing some upgrade works for the prison service over the last year, plenty of memshield boards getting changed, some even older!

Was a bellend chippy with a hammer fitting a door frame to an existing mains room. It looks like the job has been fobbed off on someone else ( We do maintainance for the client but the rennovations on this place are being done by another contractor), but i'll keep you in mind if they fail (when they fail).

Latest posts