Metal cages for lights

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get some metal wire guards/cages for an 8W bulkhead? also needs to be large enough to fit a PIR in as well. most wholesalers round here just have a blank look when i ask...

I am fortunate that a local electrical wholesaler have their own fabrication section could give you the details but they are in Lancashire so there would be some postage.

now that is a good idea... almost ready made... just to get rid of the handles and weld a little bit on to fix it to the wall.

May have to go shopping.... just as well as i dont need

Wf do a selection in there alto catalogue if that is any help. I have brought them through cef in the past but don't deal with them anymore.

Batty

There is a WF right next to screwfix where i have to go tomorrow... will call in and see what they have (failing that, grab some baskets on the way out!)

There is a WF right next to screwfix where i have to go tomorrow... will call in and see what they have (failing that, grab some baskets on the way out!)
They have a good selection in there alto book I brought some recently to cover some sockets in kennels they did not seem to bad on price.

Batty

You can buy metal cages for electric tubular heaters.

Plumbers merchants sell a variety of cages for flue terminals on outside walls.

i did think of the covers for tubular heaters, but the only ones ive found are open ended, so would then need to be altered

i dont think a flue terminal cage is any good either, im probably gonna need cage to be about 450mm long, 150 deep 200 high

andy try bernie lighting newcastle they use to make anything to do with lighting

yours benji