Mft calibration prices

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David1906

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m about to get my first mft calibrated, I’ve been looking at different companies and the prices vary from roughly 80 to 150 . Is this the right price range ? And any recommendations for a good price and quick turnaround would be appreciated thank you .

HFM?????!
I get mine done when wholesalers have a Trade day. Last time it was about £40, that was 2 months ago
That's cheap. I normally pay around £85, we have a company that does calibration work in Plymouth. They have a proper test lab that reminds me of when I worked in a similar environment calibrating and maintaining test gear as part of my apprenticeship.

I use a local test instrument supplier that has a UKAS accredited calibration lab, usually around a 48 hour turnround which allows for a 24 hour aclimatisation prior to calibration to ensure accuracy of the calibration costs about £80 - £90 I think
Never sure about these wholesaler trade day calibrations as there are potentially too many variables which could affect the outcome / accuracy of the calibration
As well as getting an annual calibration throughout the year I periodically verify the meter with a calibration check box