michael jackson

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must be true if the Sun says it. :_|

That letter looks fake. It looks like it was done by a "Teenaged Texter" who tried his best at the start, before going his usual way of 'Text Talk' afterwards.

X(

La Toya reckons there's a conspiracy theory? Probably the same guy who shot JFK.

Badge, the only thing I'd believe that was printed in certain papers would be the date at the top ,and I'd check that !!

The tabloids are obsessed with celebrity and have made their readers the same . They know who sells papers, Princess of Wales , Elvis, Marylin Monroe, now Jacko. They will feast on his bones for years to come . It stops the people looking too hard at the big issues or counting bodybags from Iraq and Afganistan.

I always remember hearing a comment on the radio refering to what they called "Juxta-position news stories" Three days later I saw what they meant, big photo of Princess Diana , headline to the side read someting like,..." Diana in drugs bust raid" On closer scrutiny it refered to Diana Scroggins of Gasworks Street, Accrington . Or like that anyway.

Small print under the photo said Diana had attended a charity function.

I think it stopped , I couldn't say as I hardly ever buy papers anymore.

Same here stopped buying papers over 10 years ago, not even any good to wipe your butt
Probably true if you're talking about the "red top" tabloids. Unfair to classify them with Times, Telegraph, Independant etc. who do some very good objective reporting e.g. MPs expenses.

Probably true if you're talking about the "red top" tabloids. Unfair to classify them with Times, Telegraph, Independant etc. who do some very good objective reporting e.g. MPs expenses.
They did break the law to get that story!

It was justified though , those expense claims should be open to scrutiny, now MPs are regarded lower than 2nd hand car dealers.
The issue was that the majority did nothing wrong! (there were a few exceptions)

Most were operating within the rules and placing legitimate expensive claims. If I had a moat and I could claim the cost of having it cleaned back I would!

:|

They did break the law to get that story!
How? The info was obtained, after 2 years stalling by parliament, under the Freedom of Information Act.

How? The info was obtained, after 2 years stalling by parliament, under the Freedom of Information Act.
I thought the freedom on information version had all the details blanked out so a stolen copy was 'bought' by the paper?

I thought the freedom on information version had all the details blanked out so a stolen copy was 'bought' by the paper?
You're right. Rumour had it there was a Conservative mole leaking the info but the Telegraph only resorted to this because of the barriers put up by people with something to hide.

A councillor in Wales has never claimed a penny in expensies, in 21 years.

His moral was that when he joined, some 21 years ago, he was there for the people and not for the money / expenses.

Good on him.

I hope the Welsh proposals go through. They say that no councilor will be able to claim expenses for a second home. Instead, the assembly wants to either rent homes within 5 miles of the Welsh Assembly (Senedd) or the assembly will BUY homes and let the politicians live there.

On Breakfast TV this a.m. there was a guy from Waterstones saying that that they had a major boost in sales of CDs & books from Michael Jackson's death. (Funny how they started off with sensible names like Janet & Michael & ended up calling others Tito & La Toya).

They then had a woman on who's husband had been commisioned to write a book following the King of Pop's death. 10,000 words in 48hrs. That's going to be well written & properly researched. Just shows how the vultures, including his father, jump on the bandwagon.

Why? What's his father allegedly done?
Memorial concert with the coffin on stage. Promoting the reissue of his DVDs on Blueray in a TV interview the day after his death.

On Breakfast TV this a.m. there was a guy from Waterstones saying that that they had a major boost in sales of CDs & books from Michael Jackson's death. (Funny how they started off with sensible names like Janet & Michael & ended up calling others Tito & La Toya).They then had a woman on who's husband had been commisioned to write a book following the King of Pop's death. 10,000 words in 48hrs. That's going to be well written & properly researched. Just shows how the vultures, including his father, jump on the bandwagon.
Cant be as bad as Magic Johnson advertising KFC in his speech. ROTFWL

Latest posts