More Jam Jar Nonsense :)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Forgot to upload these from ages ago.....

Garden lighting run off a battery charged by a 30w solar panel... well thats the plan, this is the first of many :)

Let me know what you think. :)

image1_zpscd64b3b0.jpg

image2_zps032bb9c2.jpg

image3_zps813c1bc0.jpg

All positive so far :innocent

Could have found some more m4's or cut them down but thought they looked fine as they were :) any longer and I'd have to find a different brand of jam.

Hacksaw! lol that's for cutting pvc trunking not m4's :slap

Yeah they were a kind of spacer but when I put everything together they didn't do much.

The lamps are 3w fog lights all the way from PRC cost £3 for 2 with free p&p and they are really bright!

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
We went to the local Takeaway last night

Wife ordered Crispy Duck

Waitress said "Duck off",,,,,,,,,I canard-ly believe it
You must have Smew something was wrong as the first waitress refused to Teal with your order, but that 's what you get if you order Hainan Barbary Anas platyrhynchos.

Sorry, if I missed any joke.

I am meaning that as its a jam jar and its going to be used outside there will be air temperature difference between inside of the jar and outside of the jar, so condensation will form inside the jar and so over time fill it with water. I didn't mean heat given off by any lamp. (although there may be a heatsink)

Canoeboy said:
And as my first introduction to Indians some 30+ years ago when i was told by an Indian Connoisseur....

There are only two things that taste like bombay duck.....

Just Indian-ing......
I think they are made from old socks marinated in dogs uri.........

Anyway back int he 70s I was being educated at Uni In salford, going out with a lovely Physio student from Salford Tech

Took,her to an Indian in ardwick , blue fountain I think. Pulled up outside in my Ford Capri ( I know, envy all around). Bloke ran out, vomitted all over the bonnet of my Mk ll, wiped it off with his sleeve, went back in and carried on eating!....RESPECT

Sorry, if I missed any joke.

I am meaning that as its a jam jar and its going to be used outside there will be air temperature difference between inside of the jar and outside of the jar, so condensation will form inside the jar and so over time fill it with water. I didn't mean heat given off by any lamp. (although there may be a heatsink)
Thank you Richard. :) this is why I put it up! When I first tested it there was some condensation, I assumed it was to do with being in the house then goin out in the cold.

I wasn't sure if this would continue in ongoing service but it seems obvious now.

How to go about fixing this though?

You say a heat sink but there will still be a temperature difference. :( think it needs air cooling but that would mess up the IP rating.

Silica gel perhaps?

niced bit of up-cycling, we fitted a very expensive light fitting last year, imported from america which seem to consist of sweetie jars on the end of old black conduit, cost £2k....you need to bill your self as an 'artisit'

Latest posts